This is a late 1960s / early 1970s watch from Tissot. It´s quite worn with lots of scratches on the crystal, and the hour marker ring came off, too.
The removal of the old Rallye watch strap reveals some dirty details ;-)
Thanks to the still quite intact sealing of the case, the movement looks a lot better...
The timegrapher indicates that a watch service is necessary:
Under the rotor, yet another implementation of a bidirectional automatic winding mechanism - and not a stupid one.
The three screws that hold the automatic module in place (one of them is slightly longer -> it fixes the crown wheel):
Without the autowinder, the movement looks and works like a conventional handwound timepiece.
Detailed shot of the automatic module:
As noted above, the crown wheel is held in place by two screws, this is the shorter one.
Under the ratchet wheel one of the many springs inside this movement (this is the click spring btw).
Time to get the movement out...
The glue residues under the "free flying" hour marker ring.
Main bridge removed...
...somewhat later I have removed most of the parts:
Barrel and its bridge removed.
Under the dial, the day-date discs.
And with the day disc removed, we see a complex setting mechanism (there are some delicately serviceable springs here btw, this can be annoying).
There is significant tension on the spring under the blue-encircled area here, beware ;-)
And yet another spring (on the right, it is somewhat hard to re-set it during reassembly):
On the right - encircled in orange - we see the noted powerful spring.
The keyless works exposed:
Here the already mentioned spring came out:
A disturbing detail of this movement is the part I highlighted below:
It can block the setting lever under certain circumstances which then prevents re-insertion of the winding stem...quite a no-go actually. In the end I decided to omit this part entirely and I assume that it is not really vital for the function of this movement.
Well then, below, all the parts before cleaning:
The force is still strong in this watch...(at least the long mainspring is still nicely "S"-shaped).
The diassembled case before cleaning and polishing.
And...wooshh...the polished case and crystal (took me quite some time...):
I also glued the hour marker back in place and I renewed the luminous paint on the markers and hands.
I also replaced the old watch strap spring bars with new ones (judge for yourselves which one was the new one...).
And some time later the cleaned and lubricated movement on the timegrapher:
The movement before finally sealing the case with a new gasket...
The finished watch on a new Rallye watch strap:
And a shot in darkness to highlight the newly gained powerful luminosity: