I found this old German Porta watch on a fleamarket and got it for a 2 € coin - just because I wanted the challenge (probably).
The strap looked bad, too...
...and I needed a strong wirecutter to get rid of it:
The crystal was, well, broken:
Surprise - the movement, a PUW 1461 (cheap but durable and reliable) looked better than antecipated.
Not so much in the details:
As I still had kept a perfectly working and compatible PUW 1561 as a spare, I continued with this one.
First, I removed the rotor.
The blue encircled wheel provides birectional winding (the rotor just slides it from one side to another and couples it with the respective gears - an excellently simple solution)
Automatic winding parts removed...
Starting dial-side teardown.
Cannon pinion out of the way.
Spring of date wheel retention removed.
Date disc removed.
Keyless works #1.
Keyless works #2.
Balance wheel and cock before removal.
Underside of wheel train bridge.
Reassembly and finishing of the watch
Uhmmm - I forgot to take pictures of the reassembly, but the next picture shows what became of the backside of the case:
The front isn´t bad either - nice and shiny with a new crystal:
Yes, it is indeed the same stainless steel case - and yes, I´m guilty of removing the original sunburst finish of the case. And in this case I don´t care :-) I think it really works.
Originally the watch didn´t have lume at all - time to give it some "enlightenment".
Now the finished watch- not bad considering from where I started.
Under darker conditions the watch can unfold all of its newly-gained futuristic glory...